Clients often ask, “What should I wear on video?” Here are a few suggestions.
What Not To Wear For A Video Shoot
- Avoid the colors white and black.
- Avoid bright red clothing. (Darker reds and burgundy colors are usually ok.)
- Avoid clothing with patterns
- Avoid hats and sunglasses
- Avoid clothing that has logos, as this could cause potential legal issues.
Other Tips To Think About:
- Simplicity is the key when it comes to planning what to wear on a video shoot
- Solid colors are best
- Long sleeve dresses and shirts are recommended., as they draw attention away from the arms and focus on the face. (Short sleeves are acceptable for infants and small children.)
- Darker clothing tends to minimize body size, and light tones tend to emphasize body size.
- Necklines are important. A scoop or v-neck is best if your neck is short and your face is full. A turtleneck or high-necked garment is more flattering if your neck is longer and your face is slender.
I hope this helps you with what to wear on video